Temporary Facilities Manager
January 10, 2019
- Responsible for assisting in the supervision and administration of the Department of General Services, including training, evaluating and taking action as needed.
- Assist with the development and implementation of schedules.
- Assist with the development and implementation of all General Services Department policies & procedures. Implement all City, State, and Federal mandates.
- Assist with the development and implementation of all work assignments for Maintenance, Housekeeping, and Transportation staff.
- Meet routinely with the Director of Facilities to discuss all issues pertaining to the functioning of any area within the Department of General Services.
- Keep a daily calendar of all meetings, job assignments, etc., and keep Director of Facilities informed of such.
- Conduct regular walk-throughs of the facilities and inform the Director of Facilities of findings.
- Keep accurate records of supplies and equipment on a daily basis
- Submit Purchase Requests to the Facilities Manager for review and approval.
- Assist with the contacting of vendors’; schedule meetings, in-house training, repairs for/or changes with all building systems, and ordering lab coats, etc.
- In the absence of the Director of Facilities, attend meetings with maintenance, architect, engineer, and other contractors.
- Assist with the organization of Center special functions and events.
- Keep accurate files for the Department of General Services and assist with the up keeping of all manuals, so that they are up to date on an annual basis as per Federal and Article 28 mandates.
- Assist with keeping of all necessary permits, annual service contracts, etc. up-to-date
- Respond to emergency calls when necessary.
- Meet with Department Heads & Supervisors to discuss individual Department needs.
- Attend conferences or training sessions as needed.
- Keep accurate records and review of department budgets and submit reports as may be requested by the Director of Facilities or Administration
- Immediately report any problems unusual occurrences to supervisor.
- Must demonstrate a professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, immediate supervisor and other employees.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Good communication skills (ability to address people on a professional level)
- Good clerical skills
- Two years’ experience in maintenance with basic knowledge of electrical systems, plumbing, reading of blue prints/floor plans, HVAC system, and general contracting painting, sheetrock, etc.)
Education, Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
- High School diploma
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
How To Apply
Please forward resume by email to email@example.com, and reference the job title in the subject line.