Radiology Technologist - Ryan Health | West 97th Street
To perform radiographic examinations on patients referred by the Center’s medical practitioners. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of the Ryan Network.
- Produce quality, diagnostic radiographs adhering to accepted standards and procedures, including verifying identification of patients with the radiology order, and assuring status of female patients regarding pregnancy or possible pregnancy.
- Determine proper exposure and settings of radiographic machines, and ensure proper patient positioning during the procedure in order to produce quality films, minimizing the need to perform repeat radiological studies and minimizing radiation exposure to patients.
- Document radiologic studies performed in the electronic health record in accordance with Center policies.
- Practice accepted infection control measures in accordance with all pertinent regulations, including the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard, Joint Commission guidelines, and Center Policies and Procedures.
- Perform mandated quality assurance tests in order to maintain compliance with the New York State Bureau of Radiological Health guidelines.
- Assist the Radiology Physicist in performing and reviewing the mandated testing regarding maintaining radiation safety and quality assurance programs for radiological equipment
- Assist patients to and from the room where X-rays are taken.
- Assist patients on and off the X-ray equipment when necessary.
- Process radiographic images according to accepted procedures.
- Maintain the Radiology equipment in proper working order, and notify the Radiology Department Supervisor, or designee, when a repair or adjustment is necessary.
- Notify the Radiology Department Supervisor, or designee, when any radiological supplies are needed.
- When necessary communicate with the RadNet radiologists, and medical practitioners.
- Assist in performing radiology clerical duties when necessary, including entering radiology cases into the RadNet Radiology Scheduling system.
- Attend meetings as requested.
- Immediately report any problems, unusual occurrences to supervisor.
- Must demonstrate a professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, immediate supervisor and other employees.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served.
Education, Licenses, and/or Certifications Required:
- High School Diploma; completion of Radiology Technology Program.
- At least two years’ experience as a Radiology Technologist in a hospital, health center, or private radiology practice.
- NYS Radiology Technologist License; maintain necessary continuing education requirements; AART Certified.
- Professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients
- Commits to exceeding expectations of the patient
- Works well with others
- Contributes input to improve outcomes
- Asks others for opinions and feedback; provides feedback in a tactful respectful way
Exposure to radiation and occasional lifting of patients.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk and hear.
The employee is occasionally required to move about the office; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate office equipment.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is performed primarily in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment may vary.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This position may be required to perform other duties. If such work becomes a permanent and regular part of the job, a new description will be prepared.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.