Due to Covid-19 Pandemic, Ryan Health WIC program has now moved to providing services electronically. Please DO NOT come to the WIC office as there will not be any staff on site. Please call this number to receive services electronically: 212-865-0410 or 212-477-8846
The Women, Infant and Children's program (WIC) is a federally funded supplemental nutrition program that is open to all families who meet the requirements to enroll, even if they are not Ryan Health patients.
WIC provides nutritious food to pregnant, breastfeeding women and women who have just given birth, as well as infants and children up to five years of age. Women who qualify for WIC assistance can receive:
- Free food assistance and baby formula
- Nutrition education
- Breastfeeding support
- Referrals to support services
- Breast pumps
- No more paper checks!
- Only buy the food you need each time!
- Easier checkout!
WIC ADDED NEW FOOD ITEMS! Additions include vegetable juices, instant oatmeal, ORGANIC baby food, flavored Greek-style yogurts, and more! We are currently providing all services over the phone. Call 212-865-0410 to schedule a WIC appointment if you do not already have one. Whether applying for the first time or recertifying, there is no need to come to the office. Ryan Health WIC is here to help. Just call us at 212-865-0410.
Be Prepared for eWIC! Download the App Now!
What is WIC2Go?
WIC2Go is a mobile app for New York State WIC Participants. WIC2Go can help you:
- Check the dates and times of your WIC appointments
- Check your current month's benefit balance and expiration date
- Scan items to see if they are WIC-approved
- Locate WIC clinics
- Locate WIC stores
WIC2Go can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
USDA Nondiscrimination Statement 2015
Below are food assistance and breastfeeding resources to help during the evening and weekend hours.
- National Women's Health and Breastfeeding Helpline: 1-800-994-9662
- NY Statewide Postpartum Helpline: 1-855-631-0001
- La Leche League: https://www.lllofmanhattan.com/leaders.html
- Hunger Free NYC: Click here enter your zip code and click “see more” for details on contact and hours. You can also download the full Neighborhood Guides.
- West Side Campaign Against Hunger: 263 West 86th St. : Customers can come once a month and get nutritious food for the family for three days.For more information about West Side Campaign Against Hunger click here.
- Food Bank NYC: For more information about Food Bank for NYC click here
- Franciscan Community Center: 214 West 97th Street New York NY 10025. For more information about Franciscan Community Center click here
No. The Ryan Health WIC Program will not release any personal information to any other agency.
No. Ryan Health | WIC staff will not ask any questions regarding immigration status. Applicants and participants must reside in New York State.
Yes. The majority of WIC participants do work. Depending on your level of income and the number of people in your household, you may qualify for assistance from WIC.
No. If you are enrolled in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), or Medicaid, that is enough to serve as proof of income.
Yes, WIC does offer breast pumps to participants in the program based on need.
Upper West Side Call: (212)865-0410
Lower East Side Call: (212)477-8846
Our WIC Locations and Hours:
801 Amsterdam Ave at 99th St.
Tuesday & Thursday 8:30am-5pm
Wednesday & Friday 9am-5pm
279 East Third Street