MayFest: Spring into Wellness
May is Mental Health Awareness (MHA) Month, which raises awareness of trauma and its impact on the physical, emotional, and mental well-being of children, families, and communities. This year, the theme of MHA's 2022 Mental Health Month Toolkit is "Back to Basics."
Did you Know?
- More than 43 million Americans struggle with mental illness.
- 1 in 5 young people (age 13-18) has or will develop a mental illness in their lifetime.
- Youth depression rates have risen from 5.9% to 8.2% since 2012. Depression symptoms can impact performance in school and interfere with personal relationships.
- Depression is the leading cause of disability worldwide.
- Members of the LGBTQ+ community are almost three times more likely to experience a mental health condition such as major depression or generalized anxiety disorder.
- Common signs of mental health issues include extreme mood swings, changes in eating habits, excessive worrying or fear, problems concentrating, and avoiding friends or social activities.
Mayfest: Spring Into Wellness is a virtual event brought to you by Ryan Health that will educate and spread awareness of the positive effects of taking care of your mental health and improving your well-being.
Our partners and speakers include Ryan Health's Emotional Wellness Center and the Behavioral Health Integration team.