Men's Health Retreat and Forum
Join us on Saturday, June 18th, for our Men's Health Retreat and Forum: Retreat, Reflect, Release, and Refresh-Addressing The Spiritual, Physical, and Mental Health Needs of Men.
June is Men's Health Month, a national observance used to raise awareness about health care for men. As many of you are aware, statistics show that men, particularly men of color, are less likely to visit doctors and engage in routine screenings. Yet, these services are crucial to preventing and managing pre-existing illnesses in men, such as diabetes and high blood pressure.
Partnering with Canaan Baptist Church, Mount Sinai, Project Heals, CUNY SPH Harlem Health Initiatives, and Black Health, we are planning to offer the following services/activities at the event:
- COVID Vaccines and Boosters
- Blood Pressure and Blood Sugar screenings
- HIV/HEP C testing
- Prostate exams using Mount Sinai’s mobile unit
- Health Forums/Workshops:
- Mental Health
- Prostate Cancer
- Vaccine Hesitancy
- Blood Pressure
- Free Haircuts (with completion of health screenings)
- Other incentives to promote screenings
- Community Resource Tabling