News | Announcement, Community
Make a Plan to Vote!
Voting is the cornerstone of our democracy, and your participation is necessary as the 2020 election will shape policy for years to come in New York and the United States. Just as when we urged you to fill out your US Census, Ryan Health encourages civic participation, because it benefits our whole community.
Here are a few simple steps to get started:
Check your registration status here. This is simple to do and ensures the right information is in your voter file. Do you need to register to vote or update your address?
Register to vote. You must register by October 9, 2020, to be eligible to vote in the November 3, 2020, General Election. Register here.
Make a plan to vote. This year, registered voters can vote three ways: By vote-by-mail ballot, in-person early voting, or in-person voting on Election Day, November 3, 2020.
All New York State registered voters can request a vote-by-mail ballot if they are concerned about COVID-19 for the November 3 election. The deadline to request a vote-by-mail ballot is October 27. Apply for a vote-by-mail ballot here. If you are voting by mail your ballot must be postmarked by November 3.
If you want to vote in person, New York’s early vote period runs from Saturday, October 24 to Sunday, November 1.
Your last opportunity to vote is Election Day, Tuesday, November 3. If voting in person, make a plan for when you are going to the polls to make sure distractions of the day don’t get in the way of you voting.
Tell everyone you registered to vote! Post it on social media and encourage your friends and family to register too!
Important Dates to Know:
- Now through November 3: Period to drop off your vote-by-mail ballot at the Board of Elections or by mail
- October 9: Deadline to register to vote
- October 27: Deadline to have your request for a vote-by-mail ballot received.
- October 24 through November 1: Early voting in New York
- November 3: Election Day, polls are open 6:00 am to 9:00 pm
- November 3: Last day to have your vote-by-mail ballot postmarked
- November 3, 9:00 pm: Deadline to drop off your vote-by-mail ballot at a polling site