News | Announcement, Event Recap
Ryan Health Congratulates Our World AIDS Day Red Ribbon Ambassador Award Winners
Ryan Health was an early leader in
caring for those with HIV/AIDS. We were there at the beginning of the epidemic
in the 1980s, and it’s still a core part of the work we do. We are proud of the
pioneering role we played in defining care for those with HIV/AIDS.
World AIDS Day is December 1 every
year, and this year’s theme was “Equalize.” It is a call to action. It is a
prompt for all of us to work for proven practical measures needed to address
inequalities and help end AIDS.
As part of our recognition of the
day, we honor several employees who have been nominated by their colleagues for
the Ryan Health World AIDS Day Red Ribbon Ambassador Award.
Our 2022 honorees are:
- Claudia Bustamante-Zelaya, Case Manager, Ryan Health | West 97th Street
- Carolina Pichardo, Care Technician, Ryan Health | West 97th Street
- Sophia Nurani, Assistant Director of Community Health, Ryan Chelsea-Clinton
- Paula Jones, Dental Assistant, Ryan Health | Thelma Adair
Due to Covid-19, we were not able
to celebrate our 2021 honorees, so we are giving them a special shout out here:
- Edilberto Diaz, Medical Assistant, Ryan Chelsea-Clinton
- Farhana Khundkar, LPN, Ryan Health | West 97th Street
- Judith Aiges, Supervisor of Case Management, Ryan Health
- Kevin Yan, MD, Ryan Chelsea-Clinton
- Monica Dreitcer, NP, Chronic Care Manager, Ryan Health | West 97th Street
Congratulations and thanks to each of them for all the work they do to end HIV/AIDS. They are truly examples of Caring for New York, Here for You.