News | Announcement, Community
COVID-19 Vaccine Information and Scheduling.
PLEASE NOTE: DEMAND FOR THE VACCINE IS EXTREMELY HIGH. IF THERE ARE NO APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE, PLEASE CHECK BACK PERIODICALLY.
Ryan Health has begun distributing the Moderna vaccine for COVID-19. We are encouraging everyone to take the vaccine when it is available for you.
As per New York State Guidelines, ONLY the individuals from the following groups of PRIORITY POPULATION PHASE 1A & 1B are eligible to receive the COVID 19 vaccination:
- New Yorkers ages 16 and older with the following conditions listed here( Certification of Medical Condition for COVID Vaccination) are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine.
- All outpatient/ambulatory front-line health care workers who provide direct in-person patient care or have direct contact with patients (e.g. intake staff)
- Dentists and dental staff front-line workers who have in-person interactions directly with patients
- Occupational therapists, physical therapists, speech therapists, phlebotomists, behavioral health workers, and student health workers
- Home care workers
- Hospice workers
- Staff and residents of behavioral and mental health settings
- All New Yorkers age 65 years and older
- Teachers and NYC Department of Education Nurses
- NYPD officers
- FDNY Firefighters
- MTA (Frontline such as bus drivers and train operators)
New York State requires that you bring proof of eligibility or you will not be vaccinated. Examples of acceptable proof include an employee ID card, a letter from your employer, or a pay stub. At the time of your vaccination, you will be given an appointment to return for your second dose.