Sexual and Reproductive Health
Ryan Health's Family Planning goal is to improve pregnancy planning and spacing, and prevent unintended pregnancies. The availability of family planning services allows individuals to achieve desired birth spacing and family size, and contributes to improved health outcomes for infants, children, women, and families.
These services are covered by Medicaid and private insurances. If the patient doesn't have Medicaid or private insurance, staff at Ryan may be able to enroll them in the Family Planning Benefit Program (FPBP). FPBP is a free health insurance plan for New Yorkers who need sexual health services. If a patient is not eligible for FPBP, they may still be able to obtain services at no cost or low cost.
Our Family Planning services include the following:
- Contraceptive services to help women and men plan and space births, prevent unintended pregnancies, and reduce the number of terminated pregnancies.
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- Help for patients who want to conceive
- Basic infertility services
- Preconception health services to improve infant and maternal outcomes and improve women's and men's health.
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) prevention education, counseling, testing
- Referral services to prevent tubal infertility caused by STIs, endometriosis or pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Breast and pelvic examinations
- Breast and cervical cancer screening
- Patient education and counseling
Our staff provide up-to-date, medically accurate information about all contraceptive options. We offer the following different types of contraceptives at low or no cost:
- FC2 Female Condom
- The Pill
- The Patch
- Nuva Ring
- Depo Shot
- Paragard IUD (intrauterine device without hormones)
- Mirena IUD (intrauterine device with hormones)
- Nexplanon (implant)
- Plan B (emergency contraceptive)
Ryan Health treats patients of all ages with dignity, courtesy and respect for privacy. Adolescents between the ages of 13 and 21 can come to Ryan Health for confidential services such as HIV counseling and testing, pelvic exams, and mental health counseling.
We offer the following services:
- Sexual Health
- STI (sexually transmitted infection) testing, treatment and counseling
- HIV testing and counseling
- Birth control
- Plan B (emergency contraception)
- Pregnancy testing and options counseling
- Prenatal Care
My Care Team
Constance Young, MD
- Women’s Health
- Sexual and Reproductive Health
No. According to New York State law, patients under the age of 18 have the right to confidential reproductive health care, including family planning (i.e., birth control and other contraception), emergency contraception, pregnancy/prenatal care, and care for sexually transmitted infections (STIs).